Start a new topic

feature requests

Hi Neville,

Looks like the software is coming along nicely :)
Im sure you have a bunch of feature requests, but I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring
* import from surfulater. I know this has been requested before... I've got over 10 years worth of articles in surfulater, and it's a bit barrier to switching to another piece of software
* tree snapshots for tags. Initially when the 'tree snapshots' feature came out, I didnt think I'd use it, but I find it quite helpful in defining subsets of data.
* search across KBs - sometimes I cant remember where I put a KB

Full export is planned. We do regular backups of all databases on the server. 

We are also doing work on full offline support where a copy of the database is kept on your device.

If by import you mean to restore a Clibu database, then that is also planned. Import from other applications is more difficult as every application is different.

Neville Franks, what about the import/export capability? Export is necessary for these reasons:

- To keep a full backup of my content in my computer in common form (text and images).

- To export a text search result or all articles with the same tag.

Exporting to HTML and then parsing the result is a pretty good idea actually. I might give it a shot when I have a bit more time.

Thanks for your help!

Surfulater content is stored across three databases which is pretty messy. I doubt whether there is an easy way to directly access the databases to extract what's needed for export. 

There is no REST interface, nor a HTTP Server in Surfulater. 

The only thing I can think of that may be possible is to use Surfulater's Publish to Web KB capability and then process the html output files and convert them into a format suitable for importing into Clibu. 

Note that Clibu doesn't have import/export yet, but both a coming.

Great news.

Would it be difficult to build out an export capability, or potentially something we can build out ourselves? From memory the data is stored in a sql lite database in a non-proprietary format (I don't know what the clibu interface is like.. I assume it has a REST interface?).. I suppose the mapping wouldn't be exactly 1-1 given that clibu has no folders (so you'd have to create the equivalent hierarchical tags in clibu)

Hi Taras,

Thanks, slowly but surely it gets better with each new release.

* At present I have no plans on importing from Surfulater. The main problem being that Surfulater has no export capability.

* Clibu has a snapshot capability already, however I haven't exposed it's user interface as yet.

* Search across KBs is definitely coming.

Apologies for the delay replying, but I put it on the back-burner over the xmas break so I could focus on new Clibu development and planning.

Login or Signup to post a comment