Start a new topic

Clibu "Tour" button not visible

I shared Clibu with a coworker. She did not take the tour initially. When I reminded her to, she found that the "Tour" (globe) icon was not visible.

It is not clear whether the Tour button was visible initially and then it went away. Or, whether it didn't appear in the first place.

My question: Is there a way to make the Tour icon come back? Or is there another way to initiate the tour?

You need to be Logged in, and then the Tour Icon is always visible. 

If there is still a problem let me know what Browser and OS.

Hi Neville. The Tour button is not showing even when logged in. 

Browser: Chrome 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi Carl,

I've had a look at the code and the Tour icon is hidden if the current Knowledge Base isn't owned by the current user and has been Shared with View Only access. Hopefully that's what is happening. 

She can open / select the "Sample" KB or Create a new one.

That is exactly what is happening (though I think I might have shared it with edit access, but I can't remember).

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this, Neville. This is one bug that needs to be fixed, as the person you're sharing the db with will mostly likely benefit from taking the tour. 

I agree. I'm sure I had a good reason for this back when I did it, but now it doesn't make a lot of sense and I will revisit it.

Glad we got to the bottom of it. 

Login or Signup to post a comment